The Department of Biotechnology under the Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India invites applications for Tata Innovation Fellowship 2021. This scholarship is primarily meant for Ph.D. or Master’s degree holders in Biotechnology. This main objective of the fellowship is to reward scientists to find innovative and best solutions to problems related to health care, agriculture-related to life sciences, and biotechnology.
The selected candidates will receive a grant of INR 6, 00,000 every year with INR 25,000 per month fellowship apart from the regular salary for five years. The scholarship scheme is designed exclusively for candidates interested in research and further studies about Biotechnology and other related Bioscience and research areas.
Tata Innovation Fellowship 2021
Tata Innovation Fellowship is a highly ambitious scheme which is initiated by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India to recognize and reward scientists with an outstanding performance in biological sciences. The scheme also upholds the agenda to facilitate interdisciplinary work emphasizing translational and innovation research which opens a gateway to research commercialization.
Read more: AICTE PG Scholarship
Highlights of Tata Innovation Fellowship
|Name of the scholarship||Tata Innovation Fellowship|
|Provided by||Department of Biotechnology[D.B.T], Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt of India|
|Eligibility||Indian Nationals below 55 years with a Ph.D. Degree in Biotechnology or related areas|
|Rewards||Maximum reward of INR 6,00,000|
Tata Innovation Fellowship- Important Key Dates
Following are the important key dates which students must keep in mind before filling up the application form of Tata Innovation Fellowship.
|Application Starting Date||–|
|Application Deadline||December 31, 2020|
Tata Innovation Fellowship 2021 – Eligibility
Applicants before filling up the Tata Innovation Fellowship application form, candidates need to check the following eligibility criteria. After fulfilling all the eligibility criteria students can proceed further.
- The applicants should possess Indian citizenship.
- Applicant’s age should not exceed 55 years at the time of applying for the Tata Innovation Fellowship 2021.
- The applicants having a Ph.D. degree (Life Sciences, Agriculture, and Veterinary Science) or a Master’s degree in Medical Sciences, Engineering or an equivalent degree in Biotechnology or Biotechnology related areas are eligible for this fellowship.
- The applicant should have 5 years of working experience in India.
- The applicant should have a regular permanent position at a University/Institute/Organization and should be involved in the research and development department.
- Applicant should not be concerned with any other similar scholarship scheme or try to be opting for another scholarship scheme.
Read more: Kerala Scholarship
Tata Innovation Fellowship- Documents
Candidates must keep some important documents available to them before applying for the Tata Innovation Fellowship. Following are the documents which candidates need to upload while filling up the application form:
- Birth certificate copy of the candidate.
- A duly signed application/nomination form.
- Copy of BSc/MBBS or MSc/MTech/MD or Ph.D. or Master’s degree copies
- List of publications with details comprising of Author, Title, Journal, Volume, Page no. with journal impact factor.
- A-List of books/reviews are written.
- List of patents including applied or filled for and granted
- Summary of the proposed work to be carried out (Not more than 6 pages)
- Evidence of outstanding track record to find innovative solutions to major problems in healthcare, agriculture, and other areas
Note: All documents which are required to be uploaded should be in PDF format.
Tata Innovation Fellowship 2021- Application Procedure
After checking your eligibility criteria you can proceed further by filling up your application form. You can fill your application form in online as well as in offline mode. Read below to know the complete step by step procedure of filling up the application form.
- First of all you have to go to the official website of Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India
- After this, the homepage of the website will open in front of you.
- On the homepage of the website, download the application form from the official website.
- Fill all the important details in the form including personal details and professional qualifications.
- Under “Call details” upload filled nomination with birth certificated and other requisite documents in PDF format. Enter the captcha and submit the application form.
- Soft and Hard copies of the application should reach the committee
- Two application hard copies duly signed by the host institute need to be sent to the below address before 15-11-2020.
Dr. Deo Prakash Chaturvedi, Scientist “C”,
Department of Biotechnology,
Ministry of Science & Technology,
Room No.814, 8th Floor, Block-2, CGO Complex,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi -110003
Tata Innovation Fellowship- Selection Procedure
The selection of candidates for Tata Innovation Fellowship is based on the following factors:
- Significant research contributions made in his/her area of research.
- Membership in Scientific/Societies/other Professional bodies.
- Major research projects/programs implemented during the last 5 years.
- Relevance in the proposed area of research & summary of the proposed work to be carried out.
Tata Innovation Fellowship 2021- Awards
Under Tata Innovation Fellowship, five (5) fellowships are provided every year. The selected candidates for the fellowship will receive the following rewards:
- Fellowship amount of INR 25, 000 per month for five years in addition to the salary
- Additional contingency grant of INR 6, 00,000 per annum for other expenses related to equipment, consumables, domestic and international travel.
- Duration of Scholarship is initially 3 but extensible to 2 more years (on fresh appraisal)
For any query or assistance related to the Tata Innovation Fellowship, feel free to contact on the below mentioned address or phone number. You can also contact at the E- mail address provided below:
- Address: Smt. R. Lakshmi Devi, Under Secretary, 6th-8th Floor, Block 2, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110 003, India
- Fax Number: 24362884
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Website: www.dbtindia.gov.in